Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trip to Bangalore..Unique Experiance


In 2007, Through ANAVI, I had an opportunity to help Mahendran to bring the children from Saratha Nikethan Home to Bangalore and take them around few places like Science Museum, Aquarium, Park, HAL Museum a part of ANAVI Initiative.
I learnt lot of things together with them. Its was very first experience. I had very many trips with my family and with my friends, but this one is very unique, enjoyable. I felt that I have done some thing GOOD.
This idea of bringing these boys to Bangalore was result of ANAVI larger initiative towards Awareness programs across the Rural childrens. We had made visits to the Orphanage and recorded what is the need for the children. We noted that the students are not exposed to the Science world. So we proposed the idea and Anavi sponsored Rs12,000/- towards this trip to Bangalore.
Its tooks lot of volunteering time from our friends. Mahendran, Prakash, VK anna and all bangalore members contributed and made this trip a grand success. Students really appriciated the trip content. Hope to see many more awareness programs happening.
I m sure that you too had some experience or ideas similar to this, Please come forward and share with us…

No comments: