Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My India that was .....

I have started this blog, when I was travelling 32000 feet above sea level at a speed of 800 KMPH and temperature of approx -30 deg ... You might have guessed it already, yes I am on flight to Jamnagar. Just now captain said that we are over Rajkot ...

Flight captain was a Christian, to my left was a saint who is chanting very loudly Hare Ram and to my right was a Muslim on his traditional dress. Who said that we can't travel together, we did. I am sure we do it in land as well. ;)



How come we can talk about India and not politics, so here we go.

Last week, I boarded an auto from Richmond signal to lalbarg, auto driver was in his fifties. He started asking about my native and where I work. Since this was election season, I was curious to know what people think, so I asked him. He said that he was confused, since each person what so ever his party is, he or she is blaming the other. At the end, he finds no one is honest politician to vote for. It was interesting that he said that the British rule was better than the current state political affairs. Finally , he gave me a shock by saying that he prefers military rule than this. He feel at least corruption will end. But poor guy, looks like he is not seeing any news channels in recent times.

On return, I boarded a Volvo bus, and next to me was 2 boys in their early twenties. They started blaming every government offices that went to ..like getting driving licence , birth certificate etc.,...

It was very evident for me that both our previous generation and next generation are not satisfied with the current status ... Which is very good sign for development and for CHANGE...

Felt the inclusive development by public private partnership in passport office. though it took me 3 hours to go through the process, I was enjoying the snapshot of developed India . It is amazing to see the new born to very old queuing up to get their passport .... Looks like everyone want to explore the rest of the world...

in the other extreme , i went to a civil court to get couple of affidavits. I have seen in movies and heard of such environment . This scene makes you to feel that you traveled 25 years back in time. It is strange to see lawyers carrying latest mobile gadgets on one hand and big , paper files , documents on the other hand.

Super experience to see developed India and developing India at the same time, some India embrace the technology while others resist, some India embraces change while others resist.

Equality is certainly a buzz word in our constituency , but not practiced well enough... As far as I see...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

eGovernance is a way to remove the corruption in India. Privatize the Govt Jobs and open the service centers to help the public.